Friday, December 21, 2012

Quick and Easy Gift Card Holders

Hey everyone! I hope this post finds you all well. Do you have people in your life that are super hard to buy for? I know I sure do. Gift cards were such a fabulous invention for these people. ;o) I love to make my own gift card holders. It just makes them alittle more special I think. Today I am sharing two gift card holders I made. They are super easy to make and you can decorate them as little or as much as you like.

Start out with a piece of cardstock that is 5" by 8". Score at 1 3/4" and 5" along the long side. Then score at 1/4" and 4 3/4" on the short side. Cut out the small pieces on both sides of the top and bottom so you only have the middle pieces on each side. Fold the small pieces in, add strong glue along the small pieces, and then fold the larger side so it adheres to the small pieces. Use a corner rounder on the top flap. Decorate as desired.

This is what it should look like after it has been scored and cut. Minus the writing of course. lol


Gift card #1: All is Calm digi by Inky Impressions, paper from K&Company, jute from My Craft Spot.
 
 Gift card #2: All is Calm digi and gems from Inky Impressions, paper from K&Company, ribbon from MFT.
 The back of gift card #2

Quick and easy. Perfect for this time of year.

I am playing in the following challenges.
Creative Moments: anything but a card
Stamp n Doodle : anything goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge: anything goes for Christmas




I want to remind you about my blog candy.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time...........

2 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Hope the coming year is fantastic for you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day! :o)