Thursday, December 27, 2012

Handmade Gifts Part 1

Good morning! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. Ours was fabulous. The last couple of months have been a little rough financially due to my hubby being in construction, so the gifts were limited this year, but I honestly believe it was one of the best we have ever had. We had so much fun! My husband, girls and I spent it with my parents, sister and one of my sisters friends who does not have family in the area. We had great food and loads of laughs. My stomach literally hurt from laughing so much. I feel truly blessed.

My sister, Tiffany, was an English major and she loves to read and write. I like to call her "artsy".  I made her a gift basket (which I will share at a later time) and put these bookmarks that I made in it. She loved them. The quote about a room without books made her tear up. She said "that is so true".  I used the MFT, Bookmark Duo stamp and die set. The ribbon and hemp cord are from MFT, DP is from K&Company,  jute twine is from My Craft Spot, and the background stamp (left bookmark) is from Inkadinkado. The button, lace and brad are from my stash.


Here are a couple of the note cards I put in the basket as well. These are different than my normal style, but they are her style. They are very simple and flat for easy mailing.

 
 
The paper are again from K&Company. The jute twine is from My Craft Spot, the ribbon is from Paper Issues, the gems (first card) are from Inky Impressions, and the monogram stamp is out of the dollar bin at Michael's. I used my Tim Holtz paper distresser on the edges and inked them with Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan.

There is only about a week left to enter to win my blog candy.

I am submitting these to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: anyting goes
Try It On Tuesday: Pick 4 (die cuts, ribbon, distressing, and sentiment)
Tuesday Alchemy: anything goes
The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge: anything goes

I hope you enjoyed your visit today. Come back tomorrow for part 2; the gift basket I made  my sister and the other note cards I included inside of it.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time...........

8 comments:

Margreet said...

So good to read your Christmas was so wonderful...we enjoyed ours too!
You made your sister beautiful stuff...so kind of you to make it her way!
Curious how the gift basket looks like!
xxx Margreet

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Tonya! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

Lovely bookmarks and cards. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy~Wendy, DT

Heather said...

Fabulous creations, such great bookmarks - I love the sentiment - so true!!! Your card has such beautiful colours and papers!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous- LOVE what you did here!

Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT! Only this - concerning the challenge - you only picked 2 of the ingredients - it should have been 4....

xxx Ellie xxx

Evil Edna said...

Completeley agree with the quote thank you for sharing with us at TIOT.EE

zandra said...

Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Ellie Knol said...

... thanks for changing to 4 of the ingredients - now you are in for the prize as well!
xxx Ellie xcc

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day! :o)