Wednesday, January 23, 2013

With Sympathy

Hey friends! I'm sorry I have not posted in a few days. It has been a sad couple of days around here. My ex mother-in-law passed away a couple days ago after a battle with cancer. Me and my ex-husband (and his family) get along very well.  Even though Sue, was technically my ex mother-in-law, in my heart she wasn't. I met her when I was 14 and we had some of the best times of my life together. Not only have I been dealing with my own grief,  I have been worried about my daughter, her dad, and her aunt. None of them have ever had to go through something like this before. My daughter's aunt is pregnant so I am especially worried about her. Please keep the family in your thoughts/prayers.

Here is a sympathy card I made. The beautiful paper is from K&Company. I used a Cherry Lynn birdcage die and MeiFlower pearl heart from My Crafty Heart, MFT leafy flourish die, mini rolled rose die, felt, and ribbon. I also used Inky Dinky Drops from Inky Impressions, a sentiment from PTI, and scalloped punches from Martha Stewart. The lace is from my stash.



I would like to play in the following challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky: favorite color combo (pink and green)
Papertake Weekly: add a bow
Created With Love: anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles : ribbon
Allsorts: flower power
Sugar Creek Hollow: tic tac toe (lace, ribbon, pearls)
613 Avenue Create: anything goes (twist: kraft paper)
Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet: use punches
Sweet Stamps : pearls and lace

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a beautiful week and remember to tell the ones you love that you love them.  




21 comments:

Vicky said...

Oh Tonya such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Fab'n'Funky. Lots of love to you and your family at this very difficult time

hugs Vicky xxx

Danni said...

So very sorry for the reason for the card but it turned out beautiful! Sure to bring some comfort.

Misty's said...

Hi Tonya
Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry to hear such horrendous news. I can imagine all the pain all of you are going through now. I hope with time and all the lovely memories it is going to get more bearable for all of you. I can't believe you even managed to craft in such a difficult time. The card is beautiful and probably was very hard to make.
Thinking of all you. Stay strong. I know these are just words but I hope they bring a bit of comfort to you.
Michaela xx

Judith said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Tonya - I'll keep your family in my prayers, your card is beautiful and is sure to bring some comfort hugs Judith x

Chris Hanselman said...

Sorry to hear about your ex M-I-L. Very elegant card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Chana Malkah said...

Tonya, your card is beautiful! Very well composed and executed! I am sorry for your loss!
Thanks for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

craftin-dawn said...

So sorry for your loss! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
DawnD

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry for your loss & the loss of the rest of your family. This is probably the prettiest sympathy card I have ever seen & I cannot imagine being able to make it under the duress you must be under. May you be Blessed. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs~
Patti

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks for taking the time to join us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

very pretty card love the colors and design...so happy to see you at sch this week...
lizzi

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Tonya. What a beautiful card, so delicate and pretty colours too.
I am so sorry to hear of your very sad loss. Thinking of you and take care.
Thanks for sharing at Created with love, Sandra xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A gorgeous card, and such pretty colours, thank you for taking the time to join in our Challenge at Kaboodle Doodles
Janet

Jo Ann said...

Pretty elegant card with beautiful DP's. Lovin' the Kraft birdcage and the little white flowers. Simply fab! I am glad you joined the Challenge in our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Daniele said...

so sorry to hear of your loss, your card is so pretty thanks for joining us at SCH this week
hugs

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! Your card is beautiful! In fact, I'll be showcasing your gorgeous card on the Feature Me Friday segment of our blog on February 1. Be sure to stop by the blog that day, or any day thereafter to pick up your Featured Artist button and thank you so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal.

My Creative Therapy said...

Tonya,

Sorry to hear of your loss and sorrow. The creative process is truly therapeutic and you have created a beautiful card in the process. I love the color combo and all of the wonderful details like the heart on the bow of the bird cage. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood this week at 613 Avenue Create!

Kathi
Co-Owner

my blog
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

CraftySue52 said...

Tonya, sorry for your loss. Your card is very beautiful. Love the color combination used. Thanks for joining in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Such pretty vintage and chic card! Sorry for your loss. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Ribbons” Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

The Gov. said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Rach83 said...

Tonya, I'm so sad to read your story. Nothing can prepare you for this kind of loss.

Your card is beautiful and whilst the occassion is very sad, I hope it can bring some light to your ex-husband's family.

Thanks for linking up at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Hugs,
Rachel x

Brodders said...

Great card :) Thanks for playing along with us at PTW - Good luck.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day! :o)