Thursday, January 3, 2013

New, to me, designer

Hey friends. I hope you had a great day. Ok so I have a confession to make. I really want to learn how to make beautiful cards that have limited coloring. I find it so difficult. Don't get me wrong I love coloring and I adore people images, but I see all of these gorgeous cards without a lot of coloring and I want to do it too. lol  So, my plan was to start the new year trying to develop my skills in these types of cards, well I stumbled upon Sherri Baldy's Facebook page and that plan went out the window. lol Her images are so darn cute I had to color a couple up. I am not giving up though. lol So here is my card for today.



Image: Sherri Baldy
Sentiment: PTI
Paper: MME, Recollections
Ribbon: Paper Issues
Rose: Whimsy
Scroll die: My Favorite Things
Scalloped punches: Martha Stewart
Coloring: Copics
Gems: Recollections
Pink Staples: my college bookstore
Lace: my stash

Challenges:
Scrapbook Stamp Society: anything goes
Crafty Creations: anything goes
Divas by Design: anything goes
Paper Shelter Challenge: anything goes
Digi Galore: something new (image)
Loves Rubber Stamps: anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles : anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show : anything goes
The Pink Elephant : anything goes
Simon Says Stamp: something new (image)

You have until 5:00 p.m. Est., today to enter my blog candy. You can find it here. Good luck in the draw.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time...........

12 comments:

Babette said...

What a very cute image and a gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Babette

Dilyana said...

Hehe, I doubt that your plan will work, Tonya. And you're such a talented colorist, why would you want to limit your coloring? :-) By the way, this card is fantastic, one of my favorites! :-)

Mrs A. said...

My oh my another fabulous image. Your colouring is out of this world. Clicked on your link but it took me to face book which I don't Have. Does she have another outlet for her work do you know? Hugs Mrs A.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Some people are natural born colorers, you are one of them. This is so adorable and I love the way you colored her up. Fabulous card design. I see those minimal coloring cards too and they are CAS and cute, but this is a Wow card! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and your coloring is wonderful!! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Michelle Looi said...

Such a great card. Great coloring indeed!
Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Laura Love said...

Well I am glad that you found this cutie because your coloring is gorgeous! I love the colors and all the details you chose! I am sure that you will rock the clean and simple cards too :) Thank you so much for playing along this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

Anonymous said...

so lovely!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week :) - Ashli

Marcy said...

Such a pretty card! I love the adorable image and your coloring is fantastic! Great layout also! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

scrapadinne said...

What a cute card! :) I LOVE the image! :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week! :)

Hugs
Evelina

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's this time
Hugs
Jayne

Linda said...

Wauw i just joined your blog its so amazing how you color these images why on earth do you want to color less? You're a talent!! I envy you in your way of coloring so don't stop with that please!!!!! Xx Linda

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day! :o)