Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy to Be Back!

Here is a little about myself for those that do not know me. My name is Tonya. I am the former owner of Olde Country Creations. Due to life’s circumstances and losing all of my craft supplies, I had to give up crafting a few years ago. I was a stay at home mom for 16 years and once my children were in school, my days were spent creating.  Crafting was a part of me; I loved it. I started out doing general crafts, expanded into decorative painting, paper crafting and even doll making.

After years of being afraid to go to college, I decided it was time to get over my fear. Life’s circumstances had turned my life upside down and I figured there was nothing to lose so last summer I took the plunge and started college to get my degree in Medical Office Administration. It was one of the greatest decisions of my life. I have finished three semesters with a 4.0 GPA, I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa (an international honor society), was elected secretary of the Student Government Association, am the editor of the Office Administration Department’s newsletter, and won a scholarship from the International Association of Administrative Professionals (Jacksonville-Onslow-Lejeune chapter.) Words cannot describe how happy I am that I faced my fear and went back to school. I look forward to the future and graduating with my degree in May of 2013. Remember, you are never to old to face your fears.

A couple of months ago I had some very generous ladies send me some of their extra craft supplies to get me crafting again. Since I am only taking one class this summer I will have time to start creating again. I am so excited. I am ready to get my hands “inky” and start sharing my creations with you again. If you would like to view some of my old paper crafts you can visit my SCS gallery.

I will be sharing my crafts, school life, and family. I hope you follow me along on my life's adventures; after revamping my life.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day! :o)